Paraplegic Home (North) was established at Mohali in 1978 and was commissioned on 30 November 1978 by Gen OP Malhotra, PVSM, the then Chief of the Army Staff. The institution came up on a ten-acre land gifted by state government of Punjab. Construction commenced with initial grant of Rupees Thirty-Nine Lakhs from National Defence Fund.
Paraplegic Home (North) Mohali, was registered as a charitable institution under the Registration of Societies Act XXI of 1860, under Punjab Government Registration of Firms and Societies Certificate No 427 dated 16 Nov 1978.
The institution was renamed as Paraplegic Rehabilitation Centre Mohali and registered vide Registrar of Firms and Societies Punjab, Chandigarh letter No 2447 dated 29 Jun 99